Established in 1838 AD by German Christian Missionaries, the BEM Educational Institutions, located in the heart of the Mangalore city familiarly known as “Mission High School Road”, have been rendering yeomen service to the public in the field of education, irrespective of caste, colour or religion. It has the Motto: “Heavens Light Our Guide”. Right from the beginning, English was taught as a subject and hence it was also known as the English School, Mangaloreand also as Mission School.