Immediately after the British Parliament permitted the Missionaries to return to India, the Basel Mission which is the original owners resumed its work in 1926 in its former sphere of operation in the three ecclesiastical districts, namely
1) South Kanara & Coorg,
2) Malabar and
3) Bombay Karnataka.
These districts consisted of people belonging to three different language, food habits and cultural background, namely –
1) Kannada and Tulu,
3) Kannada with Marathi influence/background.